Understanding feline welfare in catteries
Here at Oakworth cattery we practice the 5 freedoms on a daily basis.
- Freedom from hunger and thirst .Animals in our care will always have access to clean water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
- Freedom from Discomfort. Animals boarded will always be provided with an environment which includes shelter and a comfortable resting place.
- Freedom from pain, Injury or Disease. Our cattery monitors and prevents on a daily basis injury, and will act promptly to diagnose any disease and treat accordingly.
- Freedom to express normal behaviour . We provide animals with adequate space, facilities , company (animal and human) and appropriate enrichment whilst boarded.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress. We always ensure our guests are housed in conditions which alleviate stress and are treated in a caring and loving environment to prevent mental suffering.
Here at Oakworth cattery all of our staff are trained in providing environmental enrichment to all animals within our care.
We have food related enrichment, Play related enrichment, different levels within the cattery , hiding places and scratching places.
Our staff have experience and qualifications in feline first aid, feline welfare and behaviour.
Come and meet the team , we will be happy to answer any questions and show you around our facilities.